Set in Jaipur’s spacious Ram Niwas Gardens, this stately building designed by Sir Swinton Jacob was modeled on London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. Combining the elements of English and north Indian architecture, it was known as the pride of the New Jaipur when it opened in 1887 AD. It houses a collection of exhibits of Rajasthani folk arts. Various other exhibits include rare stone carvings dating back to the 2nd century and some fine miniatures along with an Egyptian mummy. But the prize possession is a magnificent late 16th century Persian garden carped, considered one of the finest carpets ever woven.