1 mixing bowl
1 serving dish
Lamb – 28 oz.– cut into 1 ½” pieces
Lamb stock – 3 cups
Oil – 6 oz.
Garlic paste – 2.4 oz.
Green cardamoms – 5
Brown cardamoms – 5
For The Yogurt Mixture:
Whole red chilies – 30 (ground into a paste)
Yogurt – 9 oz.
Cumin seeds – 0.12 oz
Turmeric – 0.2 oz.
Salt – to taste
1. Mix the yogurt with the red chili paste, roasted cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the garlic paste and cook for 1 minute, then add both the green and brown cardamoms.
4. Now add the mutton pieces, brown well for 4-5 minutes and add the yogurt mixture. Brown until all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the lamb stock and bring to a boil, cover and simmer until meat is tender.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with plain boiled rice.