Lalitgiri is a Buddhist complex in Orissa comprised of major stupas and monasteries. It was part of the Puspagiri University, together with Ratnagiri and Udayagiri. A large-scale excavation was conducted at the site between 1958 and 1961, uncovering much of what is known today. The main stupa at Ratnagiri dates to the 9th century AD and was likely built on the site of an earlier, Gupta-era stupa. Prominent, well-persevered standing statues of Vajrapani and Padmapani can be found in niches in a portico. Monastery No. 2 features a central paved courtyard with a pillared veranda surrounded by eighteen cells, a central shrine featuring an image of Shakyamuni flanked by Brahma and Sakra, and elaborately ornamented entrance porticos.